1. Doing these QT’s in a state of mild shock, so they’re going to be short. My garden is being mulched & pruned. The snowdrops and crocuses have come and are on the way out; the daffodils are beginning. (Pictures added a little later.)
2. I went to Florida (Ft. Lauderdale-ish) in Feb. It was warm and lovely. Can’t get over that turquoise water.
3. I do and will miss Pope Benedict very much.
4. Holy Week next week. Not ready. I am still “a long way off.” Lent this year was not my finest.
5. Pope Francis! My reactions are all a jumble, so it is too early to have much to say. I don’t know, really, if there is much benefit to opining on the Pope anyway.
6. But I love, love, love St. Francis of Assisi. St. Francis, the straightforward. St. Francis, the literal. St. Francis, the sincere. St. Francis, filled with holy zeal. St. Francis, the undetered. St. Francis, the wonder-worker.
7. Way back when I made myself accountable to get back to teaching. Yesterday I was offered a fellowship spot.
That’s it. I hope everyone has profoundly blessed Holy Week.
More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary.