Blogiversary Mishmash Quick Takes
1. Not the most diligent of bloggers, yet I’ve made it a full year at this blog. I feel as though I’m still just getting started.
2. I don’t really have a favorite post, so here’s the opinion post I feel most strongly about. (Not hard to pick ’cause I think I’ve done two opinion posts ever and the other one was on clothes.)
3. Least exciting stat: my most viewed post is: The last time I did Quick Takes
4. Last week I got tired of the look of my blog, so I changed it a bit.
“Am I even strong enough to be a martyr myself? Maybe not to death, but to jail? Or to joblessness? What will I be asked to sacrifice for my faith? And I’m sure some will read this and think I’m being melodramatic and that it can’t possibly come to that. I hope you’re right. But I believe you’re wrong. It’s already happening.”
Exactly. I do not feel ready for the marginalization of Catholics that is arriving slowly, creeping along. I guess I need to pray.
6. I had a placeholder for a garden Take here. I’ve got nothing. The poor garden is so so neglected lately.
7. And now for something completely different: this made me laugh (via a procrastinating-schoolwork-sibling on facebook):