Friday Freight Train – Late Quick Takes
1. This blog is supposed to be (primarily) my spot for writing about the good and/or interesting things. Today has been a bit of a challenge to that. Example: by 9:30 this morning, I was already down one favorite earring and one co-worker.
2. Actually my “real” life has been shall-we-say challenging also lately, so I’ve been trying to find ways to deal. Some of these ways are have already been a source of entertainment to others, (my housemate nearly asphyxiated laughing at this factoid last night) so I’ll share the joy.
I, a *cough*ty*cough*-year-old woman, have started rewarding myself for doing “adult things” (ranging from the simple – washing my dishes, to the very difficult -emotionally charged conversations, going to the DMV) with stickers. To put in my planner.
3. Now that you’ve recovered from your laughter, I’ll squeeze another couple Takes out of that little “share.” I am ridiculously wired of late, (although my laptop is pretty geriatric) since I now own a laptop, cell phone, fancy camera, and schmancy i.Po.d, (with internet capability) but I still find my paper planner essential. Maybe because 90% of the time, the mere act writing something down guarantees that I’ll remember it.
4. The other 10% of the time, it’s as if by writing it down, I’ve already done the task and it is completely wiped from my memory. Not great.
5. Because it makes me feel better:
7. Lest anyone disbelieve me about the craziness of mid-Atlantic weather, despite the cold last Friday, this week has been weird spring-like weather. (Until today which is rather like last Friday.) This is confusing the heck out of some plants.
It’s a terrible picture, but that is a blooming iris in front of a neighbor’s Christmas display.